21 March 2008

Parent Partner


Title I funding provides for a Parent Partner position at SHE. This position acts as a liaison between the community of parents and Spring Hill Elementary. Our own Karin B. resigned from the position this year to pursue a career elsewhere. We wish her the best of luck; she will be missed. Together with Karin, her replacement Jake Boltz, and a number of parent volunteers I was able to work on a variety of projects. Much of what I was able to do with this team involved photographs, video, and graphics work. I enjoyed these projects as an opportunity to utilize my creativity. Additionally, I was able to offer technical assistance and mentor training to those working and volunteering in the Parent Room. Below are links to a couple of brochures that have been created in order to provide SHE parents a general overview of Adequate Yearly Progress and the No Child Left Behind Act and Title I Services and Programs. I hope to adapt these documents so that they might be made available to a wider audience of parents at other Title I schools in Cabell County.

No comments: