16 May 2008

Polycom Video Conferencing


At the end of April, I was hired as a TIS for Cabell County Schools. One of the first initiatives that they have assigned to me is to attend a series of Polycom training. I will be responsible for coming up with a plan to integrate this equipment in the schools. In January, seven HDX Media Centers were placed in the schools, one in each of the Title I funded schools. The county also purchased several for the Central Office and three server-mounted units that will record or stream conferences, manage student/ teacher access, and assist with scheduling. Needless to say, I was a little anxious about traveling to Andover, MA alone to attend what I anticipated to be a training that was far beyond my technical ability, let alone comprehension. I met with Dennis one afternoon for a quick run-down of the RSS 2000. He left me with some words of encouragement, "Don't let those engineers intimidate you!" Those few words and a black pin-striped suit gave me the confidence that I needed to step in to my new position. I am scheduled to be in Atlanta the first week of June for training on the SE 200. I hope I'm ready!

No comments: